Projects and people
What is the Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community?
The Mediterranean Biodiversity Protection Community (MBPC) brings together researchers, managers, public authorities and environmental institutions in 15 thematic projects under the umbrella of 1 horizontal initiative for the Mediterranean called PANACeA from 2016 to 2019, with renewed support as MBPC until 2022.
The objective of this community is to foster an ecosystem based approach to nature conservation.
PANACeA, as an overarching coordinating initiative, aims to provide
- Scientific syntheses with clear messages and recommendations for use in management and to inform and influence current policy in the form of factsheets, technical and policy papers, and media materials;
- Spatial tools and databases to generate new knowledge and better integrate past and current datasets from related projects; and
- Enhanced communication and learning through networking and showcasing the outputs of the whole community of projects in key events and fora.
In this map you can see where the Med Biodiversity Protection project partners are based.
More about us here:
- PANACeA project factsheet
- Modular projects factsheet (2016-2019)
- Knowledge platform factsheet
- A roadmap for addressing environmental challenges – PANACeA joint factsheet
- Working Group 1 – Biodiversity protection and management factsheet
- Working Group 2 – Sustainable use of natural resources factsheet
- Working Group 3 – Integrated ecosystem monitoring and management factsheet
Which projects are part of the Community?
Which organizations and institutions are involved?