Projects and people
The Med Biodiversity community brings together researchers, managers, public authorities and environmental institutions in 11 thematic projects under the umbrella of 1 horizonal initiative for the Mediterranean called PANACeA. All these projects are supported by the Interreg Med Programme and are co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
The objective of this community is to foster an ecosystem based approach to nature conservation.
PANACeA, as an overarching coordinating initiative, aims to provide
- Scientific syntheses with clear messages and recommendations for use in management and to inform and influence current policy in the form of factsheets, technical and policy papers, and media materials;
- Spatial tools and databases to generate new knowledge and better integrate past and current datasets from related projects; and
- Enhanced communication and learning through networking and showcasing the outputs of the whole community of projects in key events and fora.
In this map you can see where the Med Biodiversity Protection project partners are based.
More about us here:
- PANACeA project factsheet
- 11 Modular projects factsheet
- Knowledge platform factsheet
- A roadmap for addressing environmental challenges – PANACeA joint factsheet
- Working Group 1 – Biodiversity protection and management factsheet
- Working Group 2 – Sustainable use of natural resources factsheet
- Working Group 3 – Integrated ecosystem monitoring and management factsheet
Where is the Med Biodiversity Community working?
- Access the map of geographical coverage (Marine Protected Areas and study areas)
- Access the spatial data catalogue and a search engine by country
- Access to project partners by working group
Which topics are addressed?
- Navigate our Library of Resources, search by project’s spatial data or click on the predefined buttons below